Healthier eating?

Ladies,

I'm working on eating a cleaner diet -- lower in bad carbs and higher in protein -- and I stumbled across this receipe via Sweat in the City. It's pretty damn delicious, and you all should try it.

The Bye-Bye Cravings Chick Pea Salad with Creamy Tahini Dressing
The Salad:
1 can chickpeas
2 cups Kale, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1 super crunchy apple, cored and chopped
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
2 tbsp onion, chopped
2 tbsp dried cranberries (preservative free, if possible)

The Dressing
1/2 cup EVOO
2-3 tbsp. Tahini
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. raw honey or raw agave
Optional: 1 tsp. minced garlic

**I added a couple dashes of Tony's and about a tablespoon of Splenda to jazz it up a tad, and I didn't have walnuts so I used pistachios instead. Also, I hate celery, so I omitted that. But it made this gigantic salad, and I could only eat half. And so healthy! Ya'll should try it!
Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste

0 comments: