Crawfish Remoulade

So I have absolutely no groceries and absolutely no money, and to top it off, Charlie and I are in competition to see who can reach their goal weight faster. Therefore, I'm trying to eat as healthy as possible. To that end, I was looking for something delicious but super healthy for dinner, and here's what I came up with.
It started as crawfish remoulade over lettuce with tomatoes last week, but I had more crawfish in the freezer and a bit of remoulade left. No lettuce though. So instead I cooked some spaghetti, sauteed the crawfish using Pam, Tony's, garlic powder, red pepper, onion powder and seasoned salt, tossed the crawfish in the remoulade, and added a slice of turkey bacon and about a half-ounce of reduced fat feta cheese. I can't tell you how good it was!
Here's the remoulade recipe:
1 tbsp. chopped celery
1 tbsp. chopped onion
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. Creole or spicy mustard
1 tbsp. yellow mustard
1 1/2 tbsp. ketchup
1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
Salt
Cayenne Pepper
3/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp. lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Combine crawfish with enough remoulade to coat, and set aside to marinate. Add more remoulade to dish to taste.

Here's the thing: I omitted the celery, and added chopped bell pepper the first time I made the remoulade. I thought I wouldn't have enough for the second dish so I made more, but I didn't have an egg or lemon juice. I just sort of combined the old remoulade with the new remoulade, and I added a bit of extra ketchup because it didn't look the right color. Anyway, you can make it as spicy as you want, and I also added some capers to the pasta. Super delish.

0 comments: