Everything but the Kitchen Sink dip

My mom and I used to make this dip all the time when I was little, which probably explains a lot of why I was, well, a larger child. But if you're in the mood for a splurge or something really salty, this is it.

1 cup sour cream
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp hot sauce (I prefer Louisiana blend)
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp onion powder
Paprika
seasoned salt
pepper
red pepper/cayenne
dried parsley flakes
small dash oregano
dried dill
lemon pepper

Now you see why it's called Everything but the Kitchen Sink! I stopped putting measurements because, well, I just do it to taste. I like mine really garlicky with a good spicy kick, but obviously you can back off or omit the pepper/hot sauce if you don't like that. You're pretty free to put/not put whatever you want into it, and I always add new things just to see how they taste. I recommend using plain Lay's or Ruffles chips for this, but keep in mind how salty they are when you're making the dip. It's not really good, though, with Frito's or tortilla chips. Something about the texture. Potato chips are definitely better!

-Krysten

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oooh, this might be a good pre-Thanksgiving snack to keep my family from sticking their fingers in half finished food...

shanna said...

LOL about being a larger child. I pity my poor offspring someday because their momma loves to eat! :)

(It felt really weird just now to refer to myself as someone's momma. WOW that is a LONG time away!)

Thanks for the recipe!