Ooey Gooey Bars (aka "Crack Brownies")

I know Sarah requested me send this recipe to her a while back, and I honestly don't remember if I did. Oops. But hey, I'm posting it here now, and that totally makes up for it, right?

It's a really simple recipe with a wonderful result. I baked these for a going away party yesterday, and my boss's wife wanted the recipe for a dinner party this weekend. They're that good. Mmhmm.

Bottom Layer:
1 package chocolate cake mix (I used devil's food)
1 stick butter, melted
1 egg


Top layer:

1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
1 stick butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tbs. vanilla extract
1 lb. powdered sugar
1 small package bittersweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix bottom layer's ingredients together and pour into greased baking dish. Press down and spread out until even and flat across the bottom of the dish.

Mix every ingredient but the chocolate chips for the top layer. (I like to mix everything but the powdered sugar together, then add that in increments last.) When well-mixed, pour on top of the bottom layer in the baking dish and spread. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of layer.

Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until top is golden brown.

Leave it out to rest and cool for at least 30 minutes. Then serve.

It's wonderful when still gooey and warm -- yum!

What are some of y'alls favorite easy dessert recipes?

-Erin

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have added your recipe to the list with other recipes got through Cooking.com.

Sarah said...

Oh erin. Why did you have to post this? Now I'm going to have to make them, which means I will have to eat them, which means I will get fatter. Sigh. What are you doing to me?

My go to dessert is probably Mexican brownies. There super rich and cinnamon with Kahlua in them. I've made them for dinner parties and topped them with cinnamon ice cream, caramel, nuts and more Kahlua and they were a hit. I'll post that sometime.

Krys930 said...

My easiest desert recipe is my chocolate-chip cake. It's my go-to when I can't think of anything, because it combines two of my favorites -- yellow cake with chocolate icing and chocolate chip cookies. I'll post it later.